You asked, and we heard you - loud and clear! Since today’s episode is all about avocados, I would love to share with you my ~WORLD FAMOUS~ guacamole recipe! Enjoy! XO - Kylie
Kylie’s World Famous Guacamole
Serves 2 – feel free to double/triple/quadruple recipe for more people!
2 avocados, cut into large chunks
2 tablespoons of red onion, minced
1 tablespoon of cilantro, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 roma tomato, seeded & chopped
1/2 of a fresh lime, juiced
a splash of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
I feel like I shouldn’t need to give directions on guacamole, because to me, this is one of those dishes that is open to interpretation. I can’t say that these are exact measurements because I eyeball it every time and continually taste, taste, taste until I like what I taste, but this is roughly how I do it.
- Mince your red onion, cilantro, and garlic, and combine in a large bowl.
- To seed your tomato, simply cut it in half lengthwise, then using a spoon, dig into the seedy-center and around until you have scooped out the guts. Then, lay the flat side down and chop the tomato into pieces. Combine with rest of ingredients in bowl.
- Take your avocados, and cut them in half lengthwise. WITHOUT losing a finger, hack the pit with your knife once and twist gently, safely removing it from the center, then discard the seed. Using a paring knife, gently make 1/4 inch slices going lengthwise down the avocado, then repeat across. Your avocado should look like it has a bunch of squares cut into it. Use a spoon to scoop out the avocado meat and add to the bowl of ingredients.
- Squeeze your lime half all over ingredients in mixing bowl, then add salt and pepper. Be generous with the lime juice, since this keeps the avocados from oxidizing and turning brown.
- Gently fold mixed ingredients together, to maintain the chunkiness of the avocados. I do NOT like mushy guacamole!
- Finally, drizzle a splash of EVOO on top of your mixture. I’m not sure why, but I saw a video of a famous LA chef do it and his restaurant is amazing, so I trust him.
- Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Try not to consume all of guacamole before meal is served. *If you have leftovers, try and slice your squeezed lime half into thin slices and lay on top of the guacamole in its tupperware container, to preserve it in the refrigerator and prevent it from turning brown!